- Application process
- MTh in Pastoral Care & Counseling...
Applications for all programs are now online. Be sure to choose the correct application from the drop-down menu. NOTE: Current or former AHOS students who have completed (or will soon complete) the St. Stephen’s program and wish to pursue the M.Th. degree, please choose the Bridge Application (at the bottom of the drop-down menu). First-time applicants, please choose one of the other four applications: St. Stephen’s Certificate Program (Non-Degree), M.Th. in Applied Orthodox Theology, M.Th. in Pastoral Care & Counseling, or Ph.D. Program. Application requirements for each program are outlined below.
Timing your Application: The Pastoral Care & Counseling program only forms a new student cohort every other year, in odd years (2019, 2021, etc.). Applications are accepted from September through March of the year preceding the formation of each new cohort. Current deadline: March 31, 2019.
The following are required as part of the online application:
- Recent full-face photograph of the applicant
- Statement of reason for application to the program
- 2,500-word autobiographical sketch capturing important dimensions of one’s own personal journey (theological, psychological, spiritual, social/familial, etc.)
- Evidence of successful completion of an accredited baccalaureate degree (official transcript)
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s pastor, or FOR ALL CLERGY, a letter of recommendation from the applicant’s bishop or pertinent ecclesiastical authority
- Non-refundable application fee of $75 (seventy-five U.S. dollars), payable by credit card through the online application process.